Project7 are a Global Management Consultancy and specialists in Performance Improvement. The Company operates from a UK based head office, with 4 strategically placed additional locations across Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and Australia.
The Company were looking to improve their existing process and procedures for customer acquisition, with a particular focus on targeting North America.
Our Client was conscious that existing contracts in the North American region were coming to an end and now wanted to proactively target this market, in a planned and sustainable way.
Project7 chose Studiowide as their preferred supplier for their North America campaign. This was based on the results we had demonstrated on similar campaigns in the Professional Service sectors.
The Company had previously experienced peaks and troughs in their sales pipeline. This was as a consequence of solely relying on their Management Consultants as a resource for developing new business. Once each Management Consultant was placed on a new contract, their prospecting activities would cease. This was something that the Company sought to address.
Further analysis uncovered that whilst it was a challenge alone to get sufficient leads into the sales funnel, this was further compounded by the lack of consistent processes to turn these quality leads into new clients.
Any proactive approach led by Studiowide had to be backed up with the right type of content. It would simply not be enough to begin a campaign with limited collateral. We needed to produce content appropriate to the services that we were promoting in these Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul companies, across North America.
Whilst Project7 had the information required to gain the attention of the target customer, it resided in the Heads of each Management Consultant and needed to be ‘drawn out’ and formalised.
A further challenge was also identified. The Company had somewhat good but isolated success in finding and winning new contracts. However, it was mainly the senior leaders in the business who were identifying and winning those contracts. The Company did not have robust sales & marketing procedures in place, independent of those key personnel.
Prior to any recommendations, we conducted a series of marketing diagnostic events with the Client, to fully understand their situation and to highlight any gaps prior to our intervention.
Following our diagnostic events and subsequent feedback reports, it was agreed to create a bespoke Lead Generation and Client Acquisition Programme. Developing these processes and procedures enabled the Client to identify and secure new business in the North America Aerospace sector.
- From a cold data list of 5,452 Suspect contacts, 52% were identified as Prospects. (A Prospect is someone who has opened more than one communication).
- From the 2,840 Prospect contacts, 30% were identified as Leads. (A Lead is someone who has opened, then clicked a communication and gone through to the unique website landing page).
- 64 appointments were generated from the 841 Leads. Following further qualification of those 64 companies, it was deemed that 48 were still a sufficient for Project7.
- 1 contract with a world leading manufacturer of civil aircraft has been awarded to date. This equates to a 5000% return on investment.
- 3 ongoing contract and budget discussions are taking place as a direct result of this campaign.
- Unquantifiable brand recognition for Project7 within major MRO Aerospace companies.
Download the Full Case Study